Hazelnut Milk and Dark Chocolate Vegan Fudge
Inspired by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau’s recipe in The Joy of Vegan Baking
We make this for Christmas and Birthday gifts – and it also sells well at charity fundraisers. If it’s been in a fridge overnight, it holds up well on a hot day on a stall. We keep it in the chilled container, and then serve it into small paper bags.
340g Dairy-free Dark Chocolate Buttons
6 Tbsp Vitalite, with extra for greasing the tin
350g Icing Sugar
64g Cocoa Powder, sifted
1tsp Vanilla Essence
60ml Alpro Hazelnut Milk
Baking parchment, for lining the tin
Square or Rectangular baking tin (the smaller the tin, the thicker the fudge later)
Two saucepans (one large one and a smaller one that will fit inside)
Large sharp knife
- Grease a square or rectangular baking tin and line with baking parchment that overlaps the sides (this will make the fudge easier to lift out and cut later.)
- Add the chocolate, vitalite, cocoa powder, vanilla essence and milk into the small saucepan.
- Place the small saucepan into the bigger saucepan and surround by boiling water.
- Stir until all of the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tin.
- Chill for 3-4 hours in the fridge
- When the mixture has set, lift it out of the tin, using the baking parchment, onto a chopping board
- Cut the fudge to size
- Enjoy with a glass of hazelnut milk, or keep in the fridge in an airtight tin.